This fellowship will include from the basics till the advanced knowledge of breast MRI. All relevant clinical cases would contain the patient’s initial digital mammography and breast ultrasound images – based on them, the diagnostics would be completed by breast MRI, and biopsy results, if applicable.
Everyday usual and complicated or rare cases would help to become familiar with the semiology of this modality, as well as technical issues, artifacts and pitfalls. Advantages, disadvantages and limits of this method would be treated. Special issues as MRI-guided biopsy, BI-RADS MRI lexicon, implant complications, Gadolinium deposition problem would be discussed. The fellow will be provided with the reporting templates and referring questionnaire, developed by the mentor.
Maximum number of seats: 6
- To understand the indications and contraindications of breast MRI – it is utmost important to know its place in the diagnostic and therapeutic protocol
- To learn the concept and reporting of breast MRI on benign and malignant cases
- To become familiar with the breast implants and their diagnostics by MRI
Programme will include
- Lectures on Breast MRI
- Individual reporting with supervision of Mentor
- Group case discussion of the reported cases
Level III - Subspecialisation training
This fellowship is expecting those, who want to complete their breast diagnostic knowledge by the most advanced modality. This course is designed for the Fellow who is already familiar with the daily practice of breast diagnostics (mammography, breast ultrasound, interventions) and with basic pathological and oncological issues of breast cancer. The reason of these requirements is that breast MRI cannot be always considered as a standalone method, but rather as a highest level, add-on, fine tool.