Radiologists (to-be) who would like to initiate on reporting prostate MRI will find the fellowship useful. In 3 half days, the fellowship covers key topics related to MRI of prostate cancer and provides basic knowledge. We will discuss MRI findings of the prostate and pelvis with a lecture, followed by individual case reading with subsequent group discussions
The programme includes an overview of the main indications to perform MRI of the prostate: Diagnosis (PI-RAD), staging (local and systemic), follow up (post-treatment and active surveillance).
Each module starts with a lecture. After the lecture you will be challenged with practicing on real anonymised key cases. After the individual case readings and group discussions there will be plenty of time for a ‘Questions and Answers’ session with the expert radiologist.
TMC Academy fellowships are held in a virtual classroom environment on Zoom. Participants are encouraged to engage in discussions making use of their camera and microphone in order to recreate the face-to-face experience.
Online sessions are recorded so that participants can review on their own time following the training.
In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentor.
This fellowship is organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
"The Basic Prostate Fellowship with Dr. Kai Vilanova was excellent. Very useful presentations and well-chosen cases. I especially appreciated the PI-RR guidelines."
Dr. Inês Brandão Dias Marques, Radiologist, Unilabs Portugal (Fellow, Sep 2021)
"The format of this fellowship was perfect for me. I appreciated the mentor’s help understanding the content. The course has prepared me to begin reading prostate MRI."
Dr. Ildikó Bálint, Radiologist, Region Varmland, Sweden (Fellow, Sep 2021)
"Everything about this fellowship was excellent. I am confident that I will be able to make clearer analyses going forward"
Dr. Savvas Melissanidis, Radiologist, Greece (Fellow, Sep 2021)
Maximum number of seats: 15
Only three seats left
- Knowledge by immersion in a learning environment without distraction of daily practice to read prostate MRI
- Become familiar and feel confident with basic MRI of prostate cancer as encountered in daily practice
- Discriminate common variants from pathology to avoid pitfalls
- Learn to construct an adequate report through structured reporting
Programme will include
- Lectures on reading prostate MRI for diagnosis (PI-RADS), staging and follow up (after treatment and active surveillance)
- Individual case reading and interpretation on provided cases
- Group case discussion of the selected cases
- Plenty of time for Q&A with the radiologist mentor
- Lifetime access to presentation slides, session recordings, and other course materials
- Access to discussed cases prior to and after the fellowship (for 1 year)
- Your own personal dashboard and course materials on TMCA online platform
- Certificate of attendance
Level II - General radiologist
Radiologists with little knowledge in prostate cancer MRI will benefit most from the fellowship
Interested in attending?
If you have any questions about seats available or have doubts about whether this fellowship is right for you, feel free to send us an email
and we are happy to help!
The training platform runs entirely in the browser but the online PACS places a considerable load on the hardware and internet connection when viewing and loading cases.
||Dual core 1.85 Ghz
||Dual core 2 Ghz
||Quad core 2.5 Ghz
* Tested with Safari on iPad 9.7 (2017), should also work on Android with Chrome. User interface not optimized for smaller screens. Large cases (more than 600 images) are not able to be opened on tablet or mobile devices due to memory constraints.
** Firefox, Edge and Safari also work but might not provide an equally smooth experience. Internet Explorer is not supported.