The fellowship is aimed at Emergency radiologists, physicians or neurologists aiming for competency in the diagnosis of stroke or neuroradiologist wanting to refresh/ update their knowledge in the area of acute stroke.
This Online fellowship includes an overview of stroke, the history of the development of our present knowledge in this area, the CT and MRI parameters and findings that will allow proper imaging and confident diagnosis in this area.
In addition to two lectures covering some theoretical aspects, most of the fellowship will be in the form of case demos starting with a 15 min presentation, followed by anonymised real radiological cases where the candidate will be challenged for a diagnosis and followed by a group discussion of the cases.
TMC Academy fellowships are held in a virtual classroom environment on Zoom. Participants are encouraged to engage in discussions making use of their camera and microphone in order to recreate the face-to-face experience.
In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentor.
This fellowship is a CME-accredited activity organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
Maximum number of seats: 15
- Upgrade your knowledge needed to read stroke scans by immersion in a learning environment without the distraction of daily work
- Become familiar and feel confident with basic and advanced stroke imaging as encountered in daily practice
- Discriminate between stroke and its mimics to avoid pitfalls
- Learn to construct an informative report that will address the needs of the referring clinician.
Programme will include
- Lectures discussing the different types, causes and predisposing factors for the development of stroke, the complication and some of the stroke mimics.
- Individual reading of selected cases with group case discussion
- Individual case reading and interpretation on provided cases
- Group case discussion of the selected cases
- Lifetime access to presentation slides, session recordings, and other course materials
- Access to discussed cases prior to and after the fellowship (for 1 year)
- Your own personal dashboard and course materials on TMCA online platform
- EACCME certificate following your attendance
Level II - General radiologist
Great for Level II General/Emergency radiologists or physician aiming for competency in the diagnosis of stroke. Level II Neurologists wanting to specialize in the area of stroke neurology would also benefit from this fellowship, as well as level III neuroradiologists wanting to refresh/update their knowledge in the area of stroke.
Interested in attending?
If you have any questions about seats available or have doubts about whether this fellowship is right for you, feel free to send us an email
and we are happy to help!
The training platform runs entirely in the browser but the online PACS places a considerable load on the hardware and internet connection when viewing and loading cases.
||Dual core 1.85 Ghz
||Dual core 2 Ghz
||Quad core 2.5 Ghz
* Tested with Safari on iPad 9.7 (2017), should also work on Android with Chrome. User interface not optimized for smaller screens. Large cases (more than 600 images) are not able to be opened on tablet or mobile devices due to memory constraints.
** Firefox, Edge and Safari also work but might not provide an equally smooth experience. Internet Explorer is not supported.