This 5-day fellowship in Barcelona, by Prof. Pierre-Yves Brillet and Dr Fredrik Ahlfors (MD), covers key topics related to HRCT, pattern recognition and interstitial lung diseases (ILDs) of the lung.
Each module starts with a lecture. After the lecture you will be challenged with practicing on real anonymised key cases. After the individual case readings we will discuss in the small group of your radiologist peers (maximum 8 participants). The goal of this intensive programme is to provide participants with advanced knowledge on the topic and give you confidence in your reports.
In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentors.
The fellowship will run during working hours (approximately 9:00 to 5:00pm) so participants will be free to explore the beautiful city of Barcelona in the evenings and weekend should you choose to extend your stay.
This fellowship is organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
"This course is valuable. It is a great opportunity to deep learning in HRCT and to get experience in various different cases. We have a lot of time for asking questions and also for discussion about the problems. Moreover, we shared our experiences to each other and can adjust to my patients. I love this course and highly recommend it to radiologists who want to refresh their skills in HRCT and get a lot of experience from other countries.”
Dr. Phakhanith Naruetook, Fellowships Advanced Body Imaging, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand (Fellow, October 2022)
"I highly appreciated the two-way dialogues and discussions between the teacher and students that took place during the lectures. The teachers came out as very friendly and well-read with a deep knowledge of the subject. They facilitated and encouraged to ask questions, creating good interaction between the students and teachers. Also, the dialogue between the teachers themselves was good and showed the complexity of the subject. Due to the many discussions, this course felt like a hybrid between a course and a meeting and yet you got to practice on the many cases provided. I can highly recommend it.”
Ann Mari Svensson, MD, Thoracic Radiologist, Karolinska University Hospital, Sweden (Fellow, October 2022)
"It was not only a deep and thorough immersion in the subject under the guidance of two very experienced tutors, but also a very joyful experience where we made new friends from all over the world and last but not least an amazing localization. Highly recommended!”
Dr. Fabian Böckel, Consultant Radiologist, Denmark (Fellow, October 2022)
"Good experience with series of lectures and a set of cases followed by small group case discussions with the expert mentors and radiologist peers.”
K. Jiamjit (MD), Fellowship in Advanced Diagnostic Body Imaging, Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand (Fellow, October 2022)
Maximum number of seats: 8
Only three seats left
- To increase knowledge and ability to identify patterns and diagnose interstitial lung diseases (ILDs) and granulomatous disease
- Identifying fibrosis like UIP/IPF and its most common differential diagnoses
- Increase knowledge about systemic rheumatoid diseases (CTD-ILDs)
- Lectures and discussions about progressive fibrosis – why is it important to identify?
Programme will include
- Lectures covering topics of HRCT, ILD, and granulomatous diseases
- Individual reporting with supervision/ immediate feedback by the expert mentors
- Group case discussion
- The Book "HRCT – Pattern recognition and differential diagnosis of Lung disease" by Carl Lamm and Fredrik Ahlfors (paper or pdf edition)
- Workstations provided by TMC for the training week
- Access to all course materials via TMCA platform, including discussed cases (for 1 year following course)
- Daily lunches, coffee breaks, and a special welcome drink with your peers and radiologist mentors
- Plenty of time for Q&A with the specialised radiologist mentors
- Certificate of attendance
Level III - Subspecialisation training
The course is aimed at Level II and Level III radiologists, but also pulmonologists and rheumatologists with an interest in interstitial lung diseases.
Interested in attending?
Send us an email to let us know you're interested
and we can answer your questions or let you know how many seats are left.