This online oesophageal cancer fellowship includes an overview of oesophageal cancer staging. The 3 (half) day training includes a review of various imaging modalities used including PET – CT with supportive case review. Further review of post treatment appearances as well as complications of both oesophageal cancer and treatment.
Each module starts with a lecture. After the lecture you will be challenged with practicing on real anonymised key cases. After the individual case readings there will be an additional lecture followed by a ‘Questions and Answers’ session.
TMC Academy fellowships are held in a virtual classroom environment on Zoom. Participants are encouraged to engage in discussions making use of their camera and microphone in order to recreate the face-to-face experience.
Online sessions are recorded so that participants can review on their own time following the training.
In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentor.
This fellowship is a CME-accredited activity organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
Maximum number of seats: 10
- To understand clinically relevant oesophageal anatomy.
- To understand and review imaging features of oesophageal malignancy as well as indications and techniques for oesophageal interventional procedures.
- To review oesophageal cancer staging and appropriate imaging techniques including EUS, CT and PET-CT.
- To review and understand post therapeutic imaging relating to previous surgery, radiotherapy and intervention and post treatment appearances on PET-CT.
- To review imaging appearances of complications relating to oesophageal malignancy including fistulation and perforation as well as complications relating to treatment of oesophageal cancer including radiotherapy strictures.
Programme will include
- Lectures on oesophageal anatomy & cancer staging, image features of malignancy and mimics of oesophageal malignancy, post therapeutic appearances of the oesophagus & post treatment response assessment on PET – CT, and complications related to oesophageal malignancy and treatment.
- Group case discussion of the selected cases
- Q&A with the radiologist mentor
- Lifetime access to presentation slides, session recordings, and other course materials
- Access to discussed cases prior to and after the fellowship (for 1 year)
- Your own personal dashboard and course materials on TMCA online platform
- EACCME certificate following your attendance
Level III - Subspecialisation training
Ideal for Level II and III radiologists who would like to become more confident on staging and re-staging oesophageal cancer with a further exposure to complications relating to both cancer and treatment.
Interested in attending?
If you have any questions about seats available or have doubts about whether this fellowship is right for you, feel free to send us an email
and we are happy to help!
The training platform runs entirely in the browser but the online PACS places a considerable load on the hardware and internet connection when viewing and loading cases.
||Dual core 1.85 Ghz
||Dual core 2 Ghz
||Quad core 2.5 Ghz
* Tested with Safari on iPad 9.7 (2017), should also work on Android with Chrome. User interface not optimized for smaller screens. Large cases (more than 600 images) are not able to be opened on tablet or mobile devices due to memory constraints.
** Firefox, Edge and Safari also work but might not provide an equally smooth experience. Internet Explorer is not supported.