Inflammatory and infectious disease of the central nervous system constitute a relatively large group of brain and spinal cord disorders encountered in everyday practice. It is a group of diseases that require prompt establishment of diagnosis and immediate management of the patient in order to improve prognosis. Timely recognition of subtle signs on imaging can be crucial for patient survival and overall quality of life. Going through real-time cases, the Fellow will be guided through a broad range of everyday and less common imaging findings, with the aim to consolidate their experience and build confidence in dealing with these more or less unusual imaging findings.
TMC Academy fellowships are held in a virtual classroom environment on Zoom. Participants are encouraged to engage in discussions making use of their camera and microphone in order to recreate the face-to-face experience.
Online sessions are recorded so that participants can review on their own time following the training.
In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentor.
This fellowship is organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
Maximum number of seats: 15
- To become familiar with diverse imaging protocols used for diagnosing inflammation/ infection in the brain and spinal cord
- To learn when, why and how to image a patient with suspicious neuroinflammation/ neuroinfection
- To learn how to report MRI or CT studies in neuroinflammation and neuroinfection
- To understand basic and advanced mechanisms of inflammatory disorders in the brain and spinal cord (ADEM, NMOSD, MOGAD and other disorders)
- To become familiar with most common imaging presentations of neuroinfections (meningitis, encephalitis and myelitis of various geneses)
- To become able to recognize normal and abnormal imaging features and to avoid pitfalls
Programme will include
- Lectures on imaging protocols for neuroinflammation/neuroinfection
- Individual case reading and interpretation on provided cases
- Group case discussion of the selected cases
- Plenty of time for Q&A with the radiologist mentor
- Lifetime access to presentation slides, session recordings, and other course materials
- Access to discussed cases prior to and after the fellowship (for 1 year)
- Your own personal dashboard and course materials on TMCA online platform
- Certificate of attendance
Level II - General radiologist
This programme is designed for levels II (4th-5th year radiology residents) and III (specialists in radiology and neuroradiology).
Interested in attending?
If you have any questions about seats available or have doubts about whether this fellowship is right for you, feel free to send us an email
and we are happy to help!
The training platform runs entirely in the browser but the online PACS places a considerable load on the hardware and internet connection when viewing and loading cases.
||Dual core 1.85 Ghz
||Dual core 2 Ghz
||Quad core 2.5 Ghz
* Tested with Safari on iPad 9.7 (2017), should also work on Android with Chrome. User interface not optimized for smaller screens. Large cases (more than 600 images) are not able to be opened on tablet or mobile devices due to memory constraints.
** Firefox, Edge and Safari also work but might not provide an equally smooth experience. Internet Explorer is not supported.