Radiologists (to-be) who would like to become more confident on reading female pelvis MRI will find the fellowship useful.
This fellowship, which is 1 of a series of 2 Female Pelvis fellowships* run by Prof. Sala and Dr. Freeman, includes an overview of the main indications to perform MRI of the female pelvis: Diagnosis of benign and malignant conditions, staging (local and systemic) of uterine and ovarian malignancies, follow up and detection of tumour recurrence.
Part 1 will cover: Female Pelvic Anatomy, MRI protocols, and Reading Tips / Congenital Uterine Anomalies / MRI of Benign Uterus / MRI of Uterine Sarcomas / MRI of Endometrial Cancer / MRI of Cervical Cancer
Part 2 will cover: MRI Adnexal Lesion Characterisation / Ovarian Cancer Staging / Chronic Pelvic Pain / Endometriosis / Acute Pelvic Pain / Imaging of Mesh Complications
Each module starts with a lecture. After the lecture you will be challenged with practicing on real anonymised key cases. After and during the individual case readings there will be plenty of time for group discussion and Q&A with the mentors.
TMC Academy fellowships are held in a virtual classroom environment on Zoom. Participants are encouraged to engage in discussions making use of their camera and microphone in order to recreate the face-to-face experience.
Online sessions are recorded so that participants can review on their own time following the training.
In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentor.
This fellowship is organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
*Although recommended, it's not mandatory to attend both Part 1 and Part 2 of the Female Pelvis fellowship series. Furthermore, it's not required to follow Part 1 prior to attending Part 2.
Visit Female Pelvis MRI Fellowship Part 2
"Great in-depth and informative course covering multiple key subjects in a short space of time by two very knowledgeable and engaging tutors! The case discussions and ability to ask questions in real time were highlights. I would highly recommend to anyone that reports MRI gynae.”
Dr. Emily Lemoniati, Consultant Radiologist, Barnet Hospital, UK (Fellow, March 2022)
"Very educative lectures with great representative cases and discussion.”
Dr. Spela Korsic, Radiologist, Slovenia (Fellow, March 2022)
"This was a very helpful course for me, thank you!”
Dr. Sofia Berg, Radiologist, Vastmanlands Sjukhus Västerås, Sweden (Fellow, March 2022)
"Great course with excellent teachers. Good cases with relevant teaching points for day to day reporting. Course materials and video recordings available for download after the sessions, making revision and catching-up convenient despite being in a different time zone.”
Dr. Lee Su Ann, Radiologist, Singapore (Fellow, March 2022)
"This course offers an excellent showcase of the spectrum of practical cases in gynaecological MRI that's otherwise only encountered across years of subspecialty experience. I would love to join again!”
Dr. Joseph Tang, Radiologist, Hong Kong (Fellow, March 2022)
"Both lecturers were phenomenal, enthusiastic and experienced professionals. Presented cases were great and challenging. Overall, a vey pleasant and fruitful experience.”
Dr. Florentina Ioana Vilceanu, Consultant Radiologist, TMC Barcelona (Fellow, March 2022)
"I would like to thank both lecturers, for interesting presentations, cases and comments. ”
Dr. Justyna Bieda, University Oncology Hospital, Poznań, Poland (Fellow, March 2022)
"This course has fulfilled my expectations. Very practical and not overburdened with information.”
Ana, Radiologist (Fellow, March 2022)
Maximum number of seats: 15
Only two seats left
- Upgrade your skills in the interpretation of female pelvis MRI by immersion in a learning environment without distraction of daily practice.
- Become familiar and feel confident with basic and advanced MRI female pelvis as encountered in daily practice.
- Discriminate common variants from pathology to avoid pitfalls
- Learn to construct an adequate report through structured reading
Programme will include
- Lectures on reading female pelvic MRI for diagnosis of uterine anomalies, adnexal lesion characterisation, evaluation of acute and chronic pelvic pain, evaluation of uterine fibroids and staging and follow up of uterine malignancies
- Individual case reading and interpretation on provided cases
- Group case discussion of the selected cases
- Plenty of time for Q&A with the radiologist mentor
- Lifetime access to presentation slides, session recordings, and other course materials
- Access to discussed cases prior to and after the fellowship (for 1 year)
- Your own personal dashboard and course materials on TMCA online platform
- EACCME certificate following your attendance
Level III - Subspecialisation training
Radiologists with little or with early advanced knowledge in female pelvis MRI will benefit most from the fellowship, which provides basic and advanced knowledge.
Interested in attending?
If you have any questions about seats available or have doubts about whether this fellowship is right for you, feel free to send us an email
and we are happy to help!
The training platform runs entirely in the browser but the online PACS places a considerable load on the hardware and internet connection when viewing and loading cases.
||Dual core 1.85 Ghz
||Dual core 2 Ghz
||Quad core 2.5 Ghz
* Tested with Safari on iPad 9.7 (2017), should also work on Android with Chrome. User interface not optimized for smaller screens. Large cases (more than 600 images) are not able to be opened on tablet or mobile devices due to memory constraints.
** Firefox, Edge and Safari also work but might not provide an equally smooth experience. Internet Explorer is not supported.