Inflammatory and infectious disease of the central nervous system constitute a relatively large group of brain and spinal cord disorders encountered in everyday practice. It is a group of diseases that require prompt establishment of diagnosis and immediate management of the patient in order to improve prognosis. Timely recognition of subtle signs on imaging can be crucial for patient survival and overall quality of life. Going through real-time cases, the Fellow will be guided through a broad range of everyday and less common imaging findings, with the aim to consolidate their experience and build confidence in dealing with these more or less unusual imaging findings.
Participation in this fellowship, limited to a maximum of 8 radiologists, will enhance and strengthen your knowledge in image interpretation. In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentors.
The fellowship will run during working hours (approximately 9:00 to 5:00pm) so participants will be free to explore the beautiful city of Barcelona in the evenings and weekend should you choose to extend your stay.
This fellowship is organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
Maximum number of seats: 8
- To become familiar with diverse imaging protocols used for diagnosing inflammation/ infection in the brain and spinal cord
- To learn when, why and how to image a patient with suspicious neuroinflammation/ neuroinfection
- To learn how to report MRI or CT studies in neuroinflammation and neuroinfection
- To understand basic and advanced mechanisms of inflammatory disorders in the brain and spinal cord (ADEM, NMOSD, MOGAD and other disorders)
- To become familiar with most common imaging presentations of neuroinfections (meningitis, encephalitis and myelitis of various geneses)
- To become able to recognize normal and abnormal imaging features and to avoid pitfalls
Programme will include
- Lectures on imaging protocols for neuroinflammation/neuroinfection
- Hands-on teaching and close interaction with the instructor
- Workstations provided by TMC for the training week
- Access to all course materials via TMCA platform, including discussed cases
- Daily lunches and coffee breaks with your peers and radiologist mentor
- Plenty of time for Q&A with the specialised radiologist mentor
- Certificate of attendance
Level II - General radiologist
This programme is designed for levels II (4th-5th year radiology residents) and III (specialists in radiology and neuroradiology).
Interested in attending?
If you have any questions about seats available or have doubts about whether this fellowship is right for you, feel free to send us an email
and we are happy to help!