This fellowship is aimed at younger radiologists who deal with abdominal emergencies and wish to build a basic knowledge and diagnostic approach that will lead to more accurate diagnostic results, thus helping clinical colleagues to make the appropriate diagnostic decisions.
Each module starts with a lecture. After the lecture you will be challenged with practicing on real anonymised key cases. After and during the individual case readings there will be plenty of time for group discussion and Q&A with the mentor.
TMC Academy fellowships are held in a virtual classroom environment on Zoom. Participants are encouraged to engage in discussions making use of their camera and microphone in order to recreate the face-to-face experience.
Online sessions are recorded so that participants can review on their own time following the training.
In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentor.
This fellowship is organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
Maximum number of seats: 15
- Learn how to interpret CT images and diagnose acute conditions such as perforation, ileus, ischemia, colitis.
- Discriminate false positive cases from real abnormalities and avoid pitfalls
- Learn and practice to construct a clear report by giving the most useful information to the clinicians
Programme will include
- Lectures on GI tract anatomy with relation to peritoneal cavity and retroperitoneum, GI tract perforation with emphasis on its site and cause as well as false negative and false positive cases, bowel obstruction and ischemia, various types of bowel infection and inflammation, and unusual acute abdominal cases related to GI tract
- Individual case reading and interpretation on provided cases
- Group case discussion of the selected cases
- Plenty of time for Q&A with the radiologist mentor
- Lifetime access to presentation slides, session recordings, and other course materials
- Access to discussed cases prior to and after the fellowship (for 1 year)
- Your own personal dashboard and course materials on TMCA online platform
- Certificate of attendance
Level II - General radiologist
Aimed at general radiologist Level II, but radiologists on level I can also benefit from the fellowship.
Interested in attending?
If you have any questions about seats available or have doubts about whether this fellowship is right for you, feel free to send us an email
and we are happy to help!
The training platform runs entirely in the browser but the online PACS places a considerable load on the hardware and internet connection when viewing and loading cases.
||Dual core 1.85 Ghz
||Dual core 2 Ghz
||Quad core 2.5 Ghz
* Tested with Safari on iPad 9.7 (2017), should also work on Android with Chrome. User interface not optimized for smaller screens. Large cases (more than 600 images) are not able to be opened on tablet or mobile devices due to memory constraints.
** Firefox, Edge and Safari also work but might not provide an equally smooth experience. Internet Explorer is not supported.