This fellowship will focus on development of growth plates and ossification centers, normal anatomy and pathological changes and injuries. The pediatric skeleton will often exhibit changes related to growth and growth zones, and without a comprehensive knowledge of normal development and typical injury patterns, findings in the pediatric patients may be confusing. In this workshop you will learn how to understand and report these patterns.
Each module starts with a lecture. After the lecture you will be challenged with practicing on real anonymized key cases. After and during the individual case readings there will be plenty of time for group discussion and Q&A with the mentor.
TMC Academy fellowships are held in a virtual classroom environment on Zoom. Participants are encouraged to engage in discussions making use of their camera and microphone in order to recreate the face-to-face experience.
Online sessions are recorded so that participants can review on their own time following the training.
In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentor.
This fellowship is organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
Maximum number of seats: 15
- To understand normal skeletal growth and development
- To become familiar with common anatomical variants
- To understand injuries to the physeal region
- To understand avulsion, bony stress and overuse injuries
- To understand changes that may mimic tumor in the pediatric skeleton
Programme will include
- Lectures on anatomy, development and anatomical variants
- Lectures on injury and disease related to the physis
- Stress reactions and osteochondral injuries
- Individual practice interpretation and reading provided cases.
- Group case discussion
- Question and answer session with specialized radiologist mentor
- Lifetime access to presentation slides, session recordings, and other course materials
- Access to discussed cases prior to and after the fellowship (for 1 year)
- Your own personal dashboard and course materials on TMCA online platform
- EACCME certificate following your attendance
Level II - General radiologist
This fellowship is geared toward Level II general radiologists, however, Level I and Level III radiologists can also benefit from the fellowship.
Interested in attending?
If you have any questions about seats available or have doubts about whether this fellowship is right for you, feel free to send us an email
and we are happy to help!
The training platform runs entirely in the browser but the online PACS places a considerable load on the hardware and internet connection when viewing and loading cases.
||Dual core 1.85 Ghz
||Dual core 2 Ghz
||Quad core 2.5 Ghz
* Tested with Safari on iPad 9.7 (2017), should also work on Android with Chrome. User interface not optimized for smaller screens. Large cases (more than 600 images) are not able to be opened on tablet or mobile devices due to memory constraints.
** Firefox, Edge and Safari also work but might not provide an equally smooth experience. Internet Explorer is not supported.