Interested in diving deep into Prostate Cancer MRI, while also enjoying the evenings to visit beautiful Barcelona!? Join us also on 26-28 September 2023 at Dr. Vilanova's Onsite Prostate Cancer MRI Fellowship!
If you prefer to attend remotely, join us for our upcoming online edition of this fellowship from 11-13 March 2024 with Dr. Kai Vilanova Register for Prostate Fellowship 2024 edition!
Radiologists who would like to initiate on reporting prostate MRI will find the fellowship very appropriate. In 3 half days, the fellowship covers key topics related to MRI of prostate cancer and provides basic knowledge. MRI findings of the prostate and pelvis will be discussed with a lecture, followed by daily individual case reading with subsequent group discussions.
The programme includes an overview of the main indications to perform MRI of the prostate: Diagnosis (PI-RAD), staging (local and systemic), follow up (post-treatment and active surveillance).
Each module starts with a lecture. After the lecture you will be challenged with practicing on real anonymised key cases. After the individual case readings and group discussions there will be plenty of time for a ‘Questions and Answers’ session with Dr. Vilanova.
TMC Academy fellowships are held in a virtual classroom environment on Zoom. Participants are encouraged to engage in discussions making use of their camera and microphone to recreate the face-to-face experience.
Online sessions are recorded so that participants can review on their own time following the training.
In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentor.
This fellowship is organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
"This course was very helpful to reinforce my knowledge and improve my efficiency in reading prostate MRI. Excellent teaching by Dr Vilanova."
Dr. Samanta Sylva, FRANZCR, Australia (Fellow, May 2022)
"Good course, but with a steep learning curve. Lots of interesting cases, and case discussions."
Dr. Kasper Nielsen, Radiologist, Denmark (Fellow, May 2022)
"Very good , I strongly recommend it"
Dr. Mohamad Saleh, Consultant Radiologist, NHS, UK (Fellow, May 2022)
"The programme, learning materials and mentor are excellent."
Dr. Jenny Ruiz, Radiologist (Fellow, May 2022)
Radiologist (Fellow, May 2022)
"The Basic Prostate Fellowship with Dr. Kai Vilanova was excellent. Very useful presentations and well-chosen cases. I especially appreciated the PI-RR guidelines."
Dr. Inês Brandão Dias Marques, Radiologist, Unilabs Portugal (Fellow, Sep 2021)
"The format of this fellowship was perfect for me. I appreciated the mentor’s help understanding the content. The course has prepared me to begin reading prostate MRI."
Dr. Ildikó Bálint, Radiologist, Region Varmland, Sweden (Fellow, Sep 2021)
"Everything about this fellowship was excellent. I am confident that I will be able to make clearer analyses going forward"
Dr. Savvas Melissanidis, Radiologist, Greece (Fellow, Sep 2021)
- Knowledge by immersion in a learning environment without distraction of daily practice to read prostate MRI
- Become familiar and feel confident with basic MRI of prostate cancer as encountered in daily practice
- Discriminate common variants from pathology to avoid pitfalls
- Learn to construct an adequate report through structured reporting
Programme will include
- Lectures on reading prostate MRI for diagnosis (PI-RADS), staging and follow up (after treatment and active surveillance)
- Individual case reading and interpretation on provided cases
- Group case discussion of the selected cases
- Plenty of time for Q&A with the radiologist mentor
- Lifetime access to presentation slides, session recordings, and other course materials
- Access to discussed cases prior to and after the fellowship (for 1 year)
- Your own personal dashboard and course materials on TMCA online platform
- Certificate of attendance
Level II - General radiologist
Radiologists with little knowledge in prostate cancer MRI will benefit most from the fellowship
Interested in attending?
If you have any questions about seats available or have doubts about whether this fellowship is right for you, feel free to send us an email
and we are happy to help!
The training platform runs entirely in the browser but the online PACS places a considerable load on the hardware and internet connection when viewing and loading cases.
Dual core 1.85 Ghz
Dual core 2 Ghz
Quad core 2.5 Ghz
* Tested with Safari on iPad 9.7 (2017), should also work on Android with Chrome. User interface not optimized for smaller screens. Large cases (more than 600 images) are not able to be opened on tablet or mobile devices due to memory constraints.
** Firefox, Edge and Safari also work but might not provide an equally smooth experience. Internet Explorer is not supported.