Radiologists (to-be) who would like to become more confident on reporting prostate MRI will find the fellowship useful. The programme covers all the main topics related to MRI of prostate cancer and provides basic and early advanced knowledge to report.
The Prostate MRI Fellowship includes an overview of the main indications to perform MRI of the prostate and whole body MRI: Diagnosis (PI-RAD), staging (local and systemic), follow up (post-treatment and active surveillance). Each module starts with a lecture and after the lecture we continue with individual case readings of real anonymised cases carefully selected by the radiologist mentor. Finally, each module ends with a common reading session of the cases with interaction and discussion with the participants and the mentor.
Participation in this fellowship with 6 radiologists maximum ensures a personal learning environment where you will enhance and strengthen your own and each other’s knowledge in structured Prostate MRI reading. In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentor.
If the fellowship has been successful it has provided you with knowledge that can help you address your normal clinical challenges, as well as future pursuits. At the end of the program you will be able to identify and report on Prostate cancer MRI in daily practice without difficulty.
The fellowship will run during working hours (approximately 9:00 to 5:00pm) so participants will be free to explore the beautiful city of Barcelona in the evenings and weekend should you choose to extend your stay.
This fellowship is organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
“This has been my 5th fellowship through TMC. The first 4 were online. I can highly recommend the onsite face to face courses as the interaction can be more focused with a much higher learning potential. Well done TMC and thank you Kai for being a passionate teacher and mentor!”
Dr. Marco Van der Merwe, General Radiologist, South Africa (Fellow, June 2022)
“Excellent course! It completely fulfilled my expectations. The best aspect of the course was the case discussions and opportunity to answer any questions on the subject immediately.”
Dr. Andreas Karatzas, Radiologist, TMC (Fellow, Feb 2020)
“I really liked the small group which made discussions easy, and the professor was excellent! I also appreciated the case reading with full cases which is not that common on courses. This will help me to start reading MRI prostate.”
Dr. Carolina Fredsdotter Nilsson, Radiologist, TMC (Fellow, Apr 2019)
“I really enjoyed this course. The cases were excellent and I valued learning from sharing experience with Dr. Vilanova and the group.”
Dr. Florentina Vilceanu, Radiologist, TMC (Fellow, Feb 2019)
"The course was really excellent and very useful for me. Special thanks to Dr. Joan C. Vilanova for his teaching and dedication throughout the course."
Dr. Christian Gonzalez, Radiologist, Fundación Centro Diagnóstico Nuclear, Argentina (Fellow, Jul 2019)
Maximum number of seats: 8
- Upgrade your knowledge by immersion in a learning environment without distraction of daily practice to read prostate MRI and whole body MRI
- Become familiar and feel confident with basic and early advanced MRI of prostate cancer as encountered in daily practice
- Discriminate common variants from pathology to avoid pitfalls
- Learn to construct an adequate report through structured reporting
Programme will include
- Lectures on reading prostate MRI for diagnosis (PI-RADS), staging (including whole body MRI), follow up after treatment and active surveillance
- Individual reporting on selected cases with supervision/ immediate feedback by the radiologist mentor
- Group case discussion
- Workstations provided by TMC for the training week
- Access to all course materials via TMCA platform, including discussed cases (for 1 year following course)
- Daily lunches and coffee breaks with your peers and radiologist mentor
- Plenty of time for Q&A with the specialised radiologist mentor
- Certificate of attendance
Level III - Subspecialisation training
Radiologists with little or with early advanced knowledge in prostate cancer MRI will benefit most from the fellowship.
Interested in attending?
Send us an email to let us know you're interested
and we can answer your questions or let you know how many seats are left.