Acute neurological conditions are very common during on-call. This fellowship will help you to be more prepared for acute neuroradiological questions. During the fellowship, the participants will encounter most situations as they occur in ‘real life’: the unconscious patient, the patient with acute headache, the patient with acute paraparesis etcetera. The course will address each situation systematically, including optimal imaging strategy, clinical considerations and treatment related details.
During the course, imaging techniques will be discussed, such as CT, CTA-CTP, MR, advanced MR techniques, DSA. In addition, imaging strategies will be continuously discussed (what is the best first imaging?, when and how to follow up?, when is diagnostic angiography indicated?), and several imaging tricks and pearls will be learned.
After each lecture, the participants can apply the theory by solving illustrative cases (real anonymised cases), which will then be discussed. The most important teaching points, pitfalls and tips will be summarized, and they will be repeated during the course in order to have them ready during your daily work!
After and during the individual case readings there will be plenty of time for group discussion and Q&A with the mentor.
TMC Academy fellowships are held in a virtual classroom environment on Zoom. Participants are encouraged to engage in discussions making use of their camera and microphone in order to recreate the face-to-face experience.
Online sessions are recorded so that participants can review on their own time following the training.
In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentor.
This fellowship is organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
"The course helped me to be more prepared for the on-call neurological shift. The mentor showed us very interesting and challenging cases and gave us really useful tips and tricks about reporting and optimal imaging techniques for the everyday practice dealing with acute neuroradiology case.”
Radiologist, Italy (Fellow, Oct 2022)
"I will watch these cases and lectures again and enjoy the shared knowledge and very large amount of so very interesting cases! It is a true privilege! Thank you so much!”
Dr. Anne Aalto, Radiologist, Sweden (Fellow, Oct 2022)
"Very good mentor with vast knowledge and experience. A lot of useful advice how to help better clinician by improving report.”
Dr. Kamil Bekalarek, Radiologist, Kalisz / Poland (Fellow, Oct 2022)
"Excellent course! Very knowledgeable and practically oriented lecturer. Emphasis and repetition of the most important and not to be missed learning points.”
Consultant Radiologist, Finland (Fellow, Oct 2022)
"Great fellowship, almost a must do for neuroradiology.”
Consultant Radiologist, Spain (Fellow, Oct 2022)
"Very good programme with useful tips and tricks for acute neuroradiology cases.”
Consultant Radiologist, Sweden (Fellow, Oct 2022)
"Specific topics were discussed in depth and with many cases. The training provided the confidence for those cases in future practice.”
Dr Ben Afshon Radiologist in Sweden (Fellow, Oct 2022)
- Choose optimal imaging strategies for the most common acute neurological conditions for which imaging is required
- Be aware of important and potentially ‘life-saving’ imaging findings not to be missed during acute image interpretation
- Better understanding about what neurosurgeons, neuro-interventionalists and neurologists want to know from you during acute image interpretation
Programme will include
- Lectures on acute neuroradiology (loss of consciousness, spontaneous haemorrhage, intoxication etcetera).
- Individual reading of a broad range of selected cases with group case discussion
- Question and answer session with specialised radiologist mentor
- Lifetime access to presentation slides, session recordings, and other course materials
- Access to discussed cases prior to and after the fellowship (for 1 year)
- Your own personal dashboard and course materials on TMCA online platform
- Certificate of attendance
Level II - General radiologist
This training would be most useful for general radiologists on call (Level 1-2)
Interested in attending?
If you have any questions about seats available or have doubts about whether this fellowship is right for you, feel free to send us an email
and we are happy to help!
The training platform runs entirely in the browser but the online PACS places a considerable load on the hardware and internet connection when viewing and loading cases.
Dual core 1.85 Ghz
Dual core 2 Ghz
Quad core 2.5 Ghz
* Tested with Safari on iPad 9.7 (2017), should also work on Android with Chrome. User interface not optimized for smaller screens. Large cases (more than 600 images) are not able to be opened on tablet or mobile devices due to memory constraints.
** Firefox, Edge and Safari also work but might not provide an equally smooth experience. Internet Explorer is not supported.