Radiologists (to-be) who would like to become more confident on staging/restaging rectal cancer on MRI will find this abdominal imaging fellowship useful. This programme of 3 afternoons provides in-depth knowledge in the value of MRI during the management of rectal cancer.
Radiologists (to-be) will learn how to interpret staging and restaging MR images and deal with difficulties by evaluating numerous cases. After attending this course, the participants will not only be able to implement high-quality MR protocol in their own center but also will be able accurately interpret MR images both before and after neoadjuvant treatment.
Each module starts with a lecture. After the lecture you will be challenged with practicing on real anonymised key cases. After the individual case readings there will be an additional lecture followed by a ‘Questions and Answers’ session.
Participants will also benefit from using Dr. Nougaret's Rectal Cancer Staging Template which is also a take-home tool.
TMC Academy fellowships are held in a virtual classroom environment on Zoom. Participants are encouraged to engage in discussions making use of their camera and microphone in order to recreate the face-to-face experience.
In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentor.
This radiology course is organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
It was a privilege to have been systematically introduced to the topic by such an experienced expert and to deepen the material with many cases relevant to everyday practice."
Dr. Maria-Katharina Ganten, Radiologist (Fellow, March 2023)
Great fellowship, great cases, great teaching."
Dr. Anees Jwad, TMC Radiologist, based on the Isle of Man (Fellow, March 2023)
It will impact in your daily practice!"
Dr. M. Catarina Tavares, Unilabs, Portugal (Fellow, March 2022)
- Upgrade your knowledge by immersion in a learning environment without distraction of daily practice to read rectal cancer MRI
- Become familiar and feel confident with basic and early advanced MRI of rectal cancer as encountered in daily practice
- Discriminate common variants from pathology to avoid pitfalls
- Learn to construct an adequate report through structured reporting
Programme will include
- Lectures on reading rectal cancer MRI for staging and assessing tumor response with quiz cases
- Individual case reading and interpretation on provided cases
- Group case discussion of the selected cases
- Plenty of time for Q&A with the radiologist mentor
- Lifetime access to presentation slides, session recordings, and other course materials
- Access to discussed cases prior to and after the fellowship (for 1 year)
- Your own personal dashboard and course materials on TMCA online platform
- Certificate of attendance - An application has been made to the UEMS/EBR for CME accreditation of this event
Level II - General radiologist
Level II/III - Subspecialisation training
Radiologists with little or with early advanced knowledge in rectal cancer MRI will benefit most from the fellowship.
Group Discounts for Radiology Education
TMC Academy is happy to offer group discounts to support radiology education within hospitals or practices. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The training platform runs entirely in the browser but the online PACS places a considerable load on the hardware and internet connection when viewing and loading cases.
Dual core 1.85 Ghz
Dual core 2 Ghz
Quad core 2.5 Ghz
* Tested with Safari on iPad 9.7 (2017), should also work on Android with Chrome. User interface not optimized for smaller screens. Large cases (more than 600 images) are not able to be opened on tablet or mobile devices due to memory constraints.
** Firefox, Edge and Safari also work but might not provide an equally smooth experience. Internet Explorer is not supported.