Radiologists (to-be) who would like to become more confident on reading female pelvis MRI will find the fellowship useful.
This fellowship, which is 1 of a series of 2 Female Pelvis fellowships* run by Prof. Sala and Dr. Freeman, includes an overview of the main indications to perform MRI of the female pelvis: Diagnosis of benign and malignant conditions, staging (local and systemic) of uterine and ovarian malignancies, follow up and detection of tumour recurrence.
Part 1 will cover: Female Pelvic Anatomy, MRI protocols, and Reading Tips / Congenital Uterine Anomalies / MRI of Benign Uterus / MRI of Uterine Sarcomas / MRI of Endometrial Cancer / MRI of Cervical Cancer
Part 2 will cover: MRI Adnexal Lesion Characterisation / Ovarian Cancer Staging / Chronic Pelvic Pain / Endometriosis / Acute Pelvic Pain / Imaging of Mesh Complications
Each module starts with a lecture. After the lecture you will be challenged with practicing on real anonymised key cases. After and during the individual case readings there will be plenty of time for group discussion and Q&A with the mentors.
TMC Academy fellowships are held in a virtual classroom environment on Zoom. Participants are encouraged to engage in discussions making use of their camera and microphone in order to recreate the face-to-face experience.
Online sessions are recorded so that participants can review on their own time following the training.
In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentor.
This fellowship is a CME-accredited activity organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
*Although recommended, it's not mandatory to attend both Part 1 and Part 2 of the Female Pelvis fellowship series. Furthermore, it's not required to follow Part 1 prior to attending Part 2.
Visit Female Pelvis MRI Fellowship Part 2
Maximum number of seats: 16
- Upgrade your skills in the interpretation of female pelvis MRI by immersion in a learning environment without distraction of daily practice.
- Become familiar and feel confident with basic and advanced MRI female pelvis as encountered in daily practice.
- Discriminate common variants from pathology to avoid pitfalls
- Learn to construct an adequate report through structured reading
Programme will include
- Lectures on reading female pelvic MRI for diagnosis of uterine anomalies, adnexal lesion characterisation, evaluation of acute and chronic pelvic pain, evaluation of uterine fibroids and staging and follow up of uterine malignancies
- Individual case reading and interpretation on provided cases
- Group case discussion of the selected cases
- Plenty of time for Q&A with the radiologist mentor
- Lifetime access to presentation slides, session recordings, and other course materials
- Access to discussed cases prior to and after the fellowship (for 1 year)
- Your own personal dashboard and course materials on TMCA online platform
- EACCME certificate following your attendance
Level III - Subspecialisation training
Radiologists with little or with early advanced knowledge in female pelvis MRI will benefit most from the fellowship, which provides basic and advanced knowledge.
Interested in attending?
If you have any questions about seats available or have doubts about whether this fellowship is right for you, feel free to send us an email
and we are happy to help!
The training platform runs entirely in the browser but the online PACS places a considerable load on the hardware and internet connection when viewing and loading cases.
||Dual core 1.85 Ghz
||Dual core 2 Ghz
||Quad core 2.5 Ghz
* Tested with Safari on iPad 9.7 (2017), should also work on Android with Chrome. User interface not optimized for smaller screens. Large cases (more than 600 images) are not able to be opened on tablet or mobile devices due to memory constraints.
** Firefox, Edge and Safari also work but might not provide an equally smooth experience. Internet Explorer is not supported.