The purpose of this online chest radiology fellowship is giving a comprehensive course in the diagnostic work up of lung cancer. This includes presentation of Fleischner Society and British Thoracic Society algorithms for work-up of solitary pulmonary lung nodules. In addition, the course will give hand on experience in the usage of TNM 8 classification of lung cancer. Finally, the course will introduce usage of spectral CT in the workup of lung cancer.
Each module starts with a lecture. After the lecture you will be challenged with practicing on real anonymised key cases. After and during the individual case readings there will be plenty of time for group discussion and Q&A with the expert mentor.
TMC Academy fellowships are held in a virtual classroom environment on Zoom. Participants are encouraged to engage in discussions making use of their camera and microphone to recreate the face-to-face experience.
In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentor.
This fellowship is organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
As this will be the first edition of this fellowship, we do not yet have any participant testimonials to share.
Maximum number of seats: 20
- Be familiar with the 8th TNM classification of lung cancer
- To learn diagnostic work of solitary pulmonary nodules using volume doubling time and PET scan results
- To understand usage of different CT protocols in Chest radiology
- To understand the usage of CT-guided lung biopsy and the complications that may occur
Programme will include
- Lectures highlighting common malignant diseases of the chest.
- Presentation of the Fleischner Society and British Thoracic Society recommendations for pulmonary nodule work-up.
- Hands on evaluation of chest CT of lung cancer including TNM classification.
- Introduction to the usage of spectral CT in the workup of lung cancer.
- Lifetime access to presentation slides, session recordings, and other course materials
- Access to discussed cases prior to and after the fellowship (for 1 year)
- Your own personal dashboard and course materials on TMCA online platform
- Certificate of attendance
Level III - Subspecialisation training
This is a subspecialisation thoracic radiologist training but could also be beneficial for General Radiologists.
Interested in attending?
If you have any questions about seats available or have doubts about whether this fellowship is right for you, feel free to send us an email
and we are happy to help!
The training platform runs entirely in the browser but the online PACS places a considerable load on the hardware and internet connection when viewing and loading cases.
||Dual core 1.85 Ghz
||Dual core 2 Ghz
||Quad core 2.5 Ghz
* Tested with Safari on iPad 9.7 (2017), should also work on Android with Chrome. User interface not optimized for smaller screens. Large cases (more than 600 images) are not able to be opened on tablet or mobile devices due to memory constraints.
** Firefox, Edge and Safari also work but might not provide an equally smooth experience. Internet Explorer is not supported.