This ankle fellowship will cover the entire ankle joint and its surroundings, including joint surfaces, bone, ligaments and tendons. It will in depth explain how to understand and how to report MRI studies of the ankle, emphasizing common and uncommon complaints and findings. Injuries, degeneration, stress changes and normal anatomic variants will be covered – enabling the attendees to report ankle studies with confidence. This is a comprehensive fellowship, with lectures and case sessions, in a smaller group with close interactions with an experienced lecturer and MSK radiologist.
TMC Academy fellowships are held in a virtual classroom environment on Zoom. Participants are encouraged to engage in discussions making use of their camera and microphone in order to recreate the face-to-face experience.
Online sessions are recorded so that participants can review on their own time following the training.
In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentor.
This fellowship is organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
Maximum number of seats: 15
- To recognize normal anatomy and variants
- To understand bony and soft tissue stress reactions around the ankle
- To be able to evaluate ligaments around the ankle, syndesmotic ligaments, collateral ligaments, ligaments of the Chopart and Lisfranc joint and the spring ligaments
- To be able to evaluate tendons around the ankle recognize common pathological patterns
- To be able to evaluate flat foot disease
Programme will include
- Lectures on anatomy and normal variants
- Lectures of injuries and stress reactions
- Lectures on degenerative changes
- Individual practice interpretation and reading provided cases.
- Group case discussion
- Question and answer session with specialized radiologist mentor
- Lifetime access to presentation slides, session recordings, and other course materials
- Access to discussed cases prior to and after the fellowship (for 1 year)
- Your own personal dashboard and course materials on TMCA online platform
- EACCME certificate following your attendance
Level II - General radiologist
The programme is designed for levels II (4th-5th radiology residents) and III (specialists in radiology).
Interested in attending?
If you have any questions about seats available or have doubts about whether this fellowship is right for you, feel free to send us an email
and we are happy to help!
The training platform runs entirely in the browser but the online PACS places a considerable load on the hardware and internet connection when viewing and loading cases.
||Dual core 1.85 Ghz
||Dual core 2 Ghz
||Quad core 2.5 Ghz
* Tested with Safari on iPad 9.7 (2017), should also work on Android with Chrome. User interface not optimized for smaller screens. Large cases (more than 600 images) are not able to be opened on tablet or mobile devices due to memory constraints.
** Firefox, Edge and Safari also work but might not provide an equally smooth experience. Internet Explorer is not supported.