This fellowship is meant for radiologists (to-be) who would like to become more confident on evaluating small and large bowel staging/restaging cancers on MRI as well IBD and Pelvic Floor MRI.
During 5 days in Barcelona, participants will gain in-depth knowledge on the value of MRI during the management of rectal cancer, as well as colon, IBD, and pelvic floor MRI. Fellows will also learn how to interpret MR images and deal with difficulties by evaluating numerous cases.
Each day starts with a lecture. After the lecture participants will be challenged with practicing on real anonymised key cases collected from the radiologist mentors' collections. After the individual case readings, we will discuss as a group. The relaxed small group environment will make it easy to ask questions, make mistakes, and get immediate feedback from the specialised radiologist mentor in order to learn.
In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentors.
The fellowship will run during working hours (approximately 9:00 to 5:00pm) so participants will be free to explore the beautiful city of Barcelona in the evenings and weekend should you choose to extend your stay.
This fellowship is organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
"The interpretation rules provided in the course facilitate better structured reporting for each covered domain. Thanks to the teachers!"
Dr. Carola Brussaard, Radiologist, UZ Brussel, Belgium (Fellow, June 2022, Barcelona)
- Upgrade your knowledge by immersion in a learning environment without distraction of daily practice to read rectal cancer MRI, as well as colon, IBD, and pelvic floor MRI
- Become familiar and feel confident with basic and early advanced MRI as encountered in daily practice
- Learn how to interpret MR images and deal with difficulties by evaluating numerous cases
- Discriminate common variants from pathology to avoid pitfalls
- Learn to construct an adequate report through structured reporting
Programme will include
- Lectures on reading CT and MRI for diagnosis of IBD, small bowel tumours, Pelvic Floor abnormalities and staging and restaging rectal cancers
- Individual reporting on selected cases with supervision/ immediate feedback by 2 radiologist mentors
- Group case discussion
- Workstations provided by TMC for the training week
- Access to all course materials via TMCA platform, including discussed cases (for 1 year following course)
- Daily lunches and coffee breaks with your peers and radiologist mentors
- Plenty of time for Q&A with the specialised radiologist mentors
- Certificate of attendance
Level II - General radiologist
Radiologists with little or with early advanced knowledge (Level II or Level III) in will benefit most from the fellowship. However, in a small group with plenty of one-on-one time with the radiologist mentors, there will be some flexibility within the programme for each participant.
Interested in attending?
Send us an email to let us know you're interested
and we can answer your questions or let you know how many seats are left.