The purpose of the fellowship is to learn about different topics in MSK radiology through a five-day long programme based on multiple lectures, daily reporting from individual work stations on specific teaching cases with subsequent group discussion. A successful fellowship will provide you with knowledge that can help you address your ongoing clinical challenges, as well as future pursuits.
This week-long MSK fellowship includes an overview of the most common joints in practice with a daily presentation, individual case readings from the TMC Academy teaching file with group-based case read-outs. Standard reporting templates are used in order to help you navigate and write high-quality reports. Tailored programmes can be offered if requested well in advance.
At the end of the programme you will be able to comfortably identify and report on common pathology seen in daily practice, including in the sports field.
Participation in this fellowship, limited to a maximum of 10 radiologists, will enhance and strengthen your knowledge in musculoskeletal MRI interpretation. In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentors.
The fellowship will run during working hours (approximately 9:00 to 5:00pm) so participants will be free to explore the beautiful city of Barcelona in the evenings and weekend should you choose to extend your stay.
This fellowship is organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
"A kind of "must" for everyone, who is interested in MSK radiology."
Máté Hevér, afdelingslæge, Aalborg Universitetshospital (Fellow, Nov 2022)
"This fellowship was right up there with the best I have attended. Sandro presented very succinct lectures followed by a large selection of the more common and interesting clinical cases. I find this format most useful and enjoyable."
Mick, Radiologist, South Africa (Fellow, Nov 2022)
"This was the first fellowship I took in TMS Academy and it was so much worth of my time. We did more than 200 different cases in 5 days, also got a lot of basic information as well as useful tips for daily reporting. Sandro Galea-Soler is a great teacher with so much competence in the MSK field, it was a great opportunity to learn from him. Besides detailed scientific programme the whole organisation of the course was perfect, people from TMC let us feel like home at their amazing office. All in all, I would recommend this course for anyone that want to improve their MSK reporting skills and visit beautiful Barcelona."
Jurate Kemesiene, MD, PhD student, Hospital of Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, Kaunas, Lithuania (Fellow, Nov 2022)
- Upgrade your knowledge by immersion in a learning environment without distraction of daily practice
- Become familiar and feel confident with basic and advanced MSK pathology as encountered in daily practice
- Discriminate common variants from pathology
- Learn to construct a good quality report through the use of structured reporting templates
Programme will include
- Lectures covering a wide variety of topics of the knee, shoulder, wrist, ankle, elbow and hip
- Individual reporting with supervision/ immediate feedback by the Mentor
- Group case discussion
- Workstations provided by TMC for the training week
- Access to all course materials via TMCA platform, including discussed cases (for 1 year following course)
- Daily lunches and coffee breaks with your peers and radiologist mentor
- Plenty of time for Q&A with the specialized radiologist mentor
- Certificate of attendance
Level II - General radiologist
The course is geared toward General Radiologists (Level II) with some experience. However, in a small group with plenty of one-on-one time with the radiologist mentor, there will be some flexibility within the programme for each participant.
Interested in attending?
Send us an email to let us know you're interested
and we can answer your questions or let you know how many seats are left.