This MSK MRI course will guide you through the most common MR studies of the lower extremity (knee, ankle, and more) and will give you sufficient knowledge of MR anatomy and pathology to evaluate the most common injuries and findings of this region. Anatomical variants and pitfalls, as well as knee and ankle mri protocols, will be discussed. Findings particular for the growing skeleton as well as degenerative changes will be illustrated, and common sports injuries and stress reactions are extensively covered. View the schedule and topics - full agenda here.
After completing this course you will have updated your knowledge on MSK MR imaging of the lower extremity and if you are a beginner, you should be able to report your first studies.
TMC Academy online radiology courses are held in a virtual classroom environment on Zoom. You are encouraged to engage in discussions making use of a camera and microphone in order to recreate the face-to-face experience. In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of Dr. Roar Pedersen.
Case reading on Collective Minds Radiology platform
In this fellowship, Dr. Roar Pedersen will demonstrate cases using the Collective Minds platform, at www.cmrad.com. You need an account to follow Dr. Pedersen's case sessions. You will be able to look through the cases before and after the fellowship, discuss and repeat your learning, and also get access to the vast amount of other cases on the platform.
Collective Minds allows you to share and discuss cases with thousands of colleagues and is also used for education and research. Register here.
More details will follow once you have registered for the fellowship.
This fellowship is organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
To continue growing your knowledge on MSK imaging, we recommend also following Dr. Pedersen's fellowship on shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, arm MRI
ONLINE Musculoskeletal MRI Fellowship – Upper extremity on 2 - 4 Oct 2023.
"The event has motivated me to think outside the box, explore other subspecialties and try to learn more about MSK imaging and beyond. Thanks to nice pictorial presentations, I feel more motivated to challenge own bias and boundaries. Well-designed lectures stimulate visual and system thinking processes.”
UW, Radiologist (Fellow, Sep 2022)
"I am a general radiologist trying to incorporate more MSK MRI into my reading repertoire. I was looking for a place to start and this filled the bill. Dr. Pedersen has an organized lecture style that clearly delivers practical points and avoids minutia. Reviewing the cases on a PACS simulator is much more helpful than seeing a few static images. Interacting with the lecturer and group sets this course apart from others. Dr. Pedersen was collegial and supportive. The course allowed for a very comfortable environment and was extremely convenient. The technical coordination was very good.”
Marjorie Thurlow, MD (Fellow, March 2022)
- To become familiar with standard MSK MR imaging of the lower extremity
- To understand stress reactions and sports injuries of bone, soft tissues and joints
- To recognize normal anatomy and normal variants
Programme will include
- Lectures highlighting common injuries
- Lectures highlighting normal reporting and image evaluation
- Case reading sessions challenging your pattern recognition skills
- Group case discussion of the selected cases
- Plenty of time for Q&A with the radiologist mentor
- Access to presentation slides, session recordings, and other course materials on the TMC Academy platform
- Access to discussed cases prior to and after the fellowship
- Discussions after the event on the Collective Minds Radiology platform
- Certificate of attendance - An application has been made to the UEMS/EBR for CME accreditation of this event
Level II - General radiologist
This MSK radiology fellowship online will cover both basic and advanced topics, in a manner that includes both beginners and more experienced radiologists
Other MSK online radiology training
We offer also the following musculoskeletal courses: MSK Rheumatology with Dr. Avneesh Chhabra
, Sports Injuries MRI with Dr. Phillip Tirman
, Advanced MSK (Level 3), Paediatric Musculoskeletal, MSK MRI Bone and Soft Tissue Tumours View the full list of MSK training here.
TMC Academy is happy to offer group discounts to support radiology education within hospitals or practices. Please email us at email@example.com
The training platform runs entirely in the browser but the online PACS places a considerable load on the hardware and internet connection when viewing and loading cases.
Dual core 1.85 Ghz
Dual core 2 Ghz
Quad core 2.5 Ghz
* Tested with Safari on iPad 9.7 (2017), should also work on Android with Chrome. User interface not optimized for smaller screens. Large cases (more than 600 images) are not able to be opened on tablet or mobile devices due to memory constraints.
** Firefox, Edge and Safari also work but might not provide an equally smooth experience. Internet Explorer is not supported.