This advanced MSK imaging course taught over 3 afternoons includes highly-specific daily programmes that have been included to make a big difference in your radiological report.
The course will be based on individual reading and following group discussion of clinical cases and will be accompanied by relevant lectures on the specific topic including the relevant anatomy, the differential diagnosis and how to optimize the protocols.
The first day will include some difficult topics on the foot and ankle such as the high ankle sprain, midtarsal sprain, different types of ankle impingement and the differential diagnosis of metatarsalgia.
The second day will look at some specific problems on the instable and microinstable shoulder together with the new concepts on the rotator cuff that should be reported following the ISAKOS classification system .
The last day we will cover some specific problems of the knee that are frequently overlooked on radiological reports such as the posterior corners of the knee and the different types of meniscal tears following the ISAKOS system.
In addition, we will review important incidental findings, pseudo tumours and tumours found on joint MRI studies that radiologists should be aware of, in order to avoid important mistakes. We will also review normal variants that look pathological and some frequent benign tumours that might be as frequent as incidental findings, among others. Moreover, we will emphasize which radiological findings indicate to us the more aggressive lesions.
You will enhance and strengthen your own and each other’s knowledge in structured musculoskeletal MRI reading. After the case reading sessions, you will maintain access to the cases to keep practicing.
If this radiology course has been successful it will have provided you with knowledge that can help you address your normal clinical challenges, as well as future pursuits.
TMC Academy online fellowships are held in a virtual classroom environment on Zoom. You are encouraged to engage in discussions making use of their camera and microphone in order to recreate the face-to-face experience. Online sessions are recorded so that you can review them on your own time following the training.
In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentor.
This radiology course is organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
"A very qualified and experienced lecturer with many valuable cases, thank you Dr. Llopis! I am more confident after this step-by-step and systematic work."
Dr. Anne Aalto, general radiologist, Sweden (Fellow, March 2023)
"Excellent fellowship with a perfect mixture of case discussion and lectures. Very interesting cases that will lead to more in-depth reporting. Eva is an excellent teacher also with a lot of practical knowledge as to the expectations of orthopedic surgeons which is important for reporting."
Dr. Henry Bartlett, Radiologist, Mossel Bay South Africa (Fellow, June 2022)
"Very well presented and up-to-date materials with variety of good real case examples to demonstrate and endorse the basic and advanced MSK knowledge."
Dr. Saif Jameel; The Prince Charles Hospital, Australia (Fellow, June 2022)
- Upgrade your knowledge of some specific MSK problems
- Become familiar with frequent benign lesions and when aggressive lesions should be suggested
- Discriminate normal bone and soft tissue variants from pathology
- Learn to do a structured report emphasizing those important key points for patient’s management
Programme will include
- Lectures on specific clinical problems on the ankle and foot; shoulder; knee; and tumours and pseudotumours
- Individual reading of selected cases with group case discussion
- Question and answer session with specialised radiologist mentor
- Lifetime access to presentation slides, session recordings, and other course materials
- Access to discussed cases prior to and after the fellowship (for 1 year)
- Your own personal dashboard and course materials on TMCA online platform
- Certificate of attendance - An application has been made to the UEMS/EBR for CME accreditation of this event
Level III - Subspecialisation training
Intermediate to advanced level, for radiologists with some Musculoskeletal MRI experience
Group Discounts for Radiology Education
TMC Academy is happy to offer group discounts to support radiology education within hospitals or practices. Please email us at email@example.com
The training platform runs entirely in the browser but the online PACS places a considerable load on the hardware and internet connection when viewing and loading cases.
Dual core 1.85 Ghz
Dual core 2 Ghz
Quad core 2.5 Ghz
* Tested with Safari on iPad 9.7 (2017), should also work on Android with Chrome. User interface not optimized for smaller screens. Large cases (more than 600 images) are not able to be opened on tablet or mobile devices due to memory constraints.
** Firefox, Edge and Safari also work but might not provide an equally smooth experience. Internet Explorer is not supported.