Much has been said about the potential of artificial intelligence in the medical imaging domain and in radiology work in particular. It is time to move from just talking about it and “experience” how it may appear in our work, and how we can bring it effectively to our work. This is the focus of this training program: together we experience working with various forms of AI, reflect on our experience, and gain practical experience from it.
This Artificial Intelligence radiology fellowship operates on the principles of “reflective” and “experiential” learning and offers you the chance to come on the stage and experience what you may have heard about it. It does NOT require any technical knowledge, nor does it demand you to do much preparation before the training. However, it does require your mindful presence and active engagement during the sessions.
Day 1: Fundamental module: How to get started and engage with AI
Day 2: Operating module: How to mindfully work with AI
Day 3: Mastery module: How to critically operate and supervise AI
TMC Academy fellowships are held in a virtual classroom environment on Zoom. Participants are encouraged to engage in discussions making use of their camera and microphone in order to recreate the face-to-face experience.
In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, engage in discussions, and learn together with the support of the mentors.
Participants will be asked to fill in a pre-course survey to help the speakers evaluate the knowledge and experience of the participants, thus creating a more personalized and relevant programme.
"A very well thought of, designed, and carried out course showing many aspects about the use of AI in the current radiological work-up of patients.”
Dr. B Gomez-Anson, TMC Neuroradiologist. Clinical Head of Neuroradiology, Hospital Sant Pau, Barcelona. (Fellow, Nov 2022)
"This fellowship gives a good basic insight in what AIs are available of today and a general understanding of the uses and limitations in the field at the moment, but most importantly a guided approach to careful and proper use of the tools in regard of pitfalls both in the tools and the users. It's relevant to any radiologist who works or want to work with AI in their daily practice and need a basic introduction - excellent speakers and excellent and entertaining execution.”
Dr. Katherine Ann McLean, TMC Radiologist at Body and Emergency Sections, Denmark (Fellow, Nov 2022)
"This fellowship provided a good introduction to the basic concepts of AI and also showcased how to evaluate, implement, and assess the performance of AI solutions for radiology with an emphasis on workflow impacts. Very interactive and hands-on.”
Dr. Olusola Patrick Bello, Consultant Radiologist, Telemedicine Clinic (Fellow, Nov 2022)
- Learn how various AI applications can support radiological workflow
- Learn how to initiate working with an AI tool and configure it appropriately
- Experience working with of AI tools for conducting various forms of medical tasks
- Gain the capability to critically reflect on the results of working with AI tools at work
- Learn how to supervise working with AI and properly integrate it to the workflow
Programme will include
- Hands-on experience with various AI tools
- Extensive practical exercises related to different medical tasks and clinical conditions
- Receiving direct and reflective feedback combined with first-hand experience
- Learning from peers and sharing expertise with other peers
- Certificate of attendance - An application has been made to the UEMS/EBR for CME accreditation of this event
Level II - General radiologist
This fellowship is suitable for all radiologists including all sub-specialties and residents, especially radiologists with interest in Imaging Informatics and AI, or radiologists and medical managers willing to embrace innovations into the work and career of their teams
TMC Academy is happy to offer group discounts to support radiology education within hospitals or practices. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The training platform runs entirely in the browser but the online PACS places a considerable load on the hardware and internet connection when viewing and loading cases.
Dual core 1.85 Ghz
Dual core 2 Ghz
Quad core 2.5 Ghz
* Tested with Safari on iPad 9.7 (2017), should also work on Android with Chrome. User interface not optimized for smaller screens. Large cases (more than 600 images) are not able to be opened on tablet or mobile devices due to memory constraints.
** Firefox, Edge and Safari also work but might not provide an equally smooth experience. Internet Explorer is not supported.