This online Chest Trauma Imaging fellowship provides skills and knowledge in the interpretation of the trauma chest radiograph and CT. Optimisation of imaging protocols will also be discussed to enable the reporting radiologist to provide a timely clinicoradiological opinion to the attending trauma clinicians that informs the most appropriate management plan in the patient’s best interest.
Each session includes several short lectures following which the attendee will have the opportunity to practice on anonymised chest trauma imaging cases selected from the TMC Academy teaching file archive. These cases will be reviewed during a group case discussion session with a “Question & Answer” session concluding each training day.
TMC Academy fellowships are held in a virtual classroom environment on Zoom. Participants are encouraged to engage in discussions making use of their camera and microphone in order to recreate the face-to-face experience.
Online sessions are recorded so that participants can review on their own time following the training.
In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentor.
This fellowship is organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
"It was a very valuable and beneficial experience! Many interesting cases and evidence-based lectures! Nicky is a great teacher and unquestionably an expert in the field. I could recommend that fellowship to anyone interested or working with Chest Trauma CT”
Dr. Kamil Bekalarek, Radiologist, Kalisz / Poland (Fellow, June 2022)
"Great educational experience. Great fellowship. Strongly recommended."
Dr. Anees Jwad, Consultant Radiologist, Noble's Hospital, Isle of Man (Fellow, June 2022)
"Very well organised. Many and very interesting cases some of them very rare. I recommend this sort of training to everyone."
Dr Ioannis Kyriakis, Radiologist, United Kingdom (Fellow, June 2022)
- Adopt a systematic approach at interpreting the trauma chest radiograph and CT
- Describe common pathological entities acquired secondary to blunt and penetrating cardiothoracic injuries
- Be able to prioritise and select the most appropriate imaging protocol
- Be able to offer a clinical opinion that informs a management plan in the patient’s best interest
Programme will include
- Lectures on image interpretation and planning in chest trauma
- Individual practice interpretation and reading provided cases
- Group case discussion
- Question and answer session with specialised radiologist mentor
- Lifetime access to presentation slides, session recordings, and other course materials
- Access to discussed cases prior to and after the fellowship (for 1 year)
- Your own personal dashboard and course materials on TMCA online platform
- CME certificate of attendance
Level II - General radiologist
Radiologists, including more senior radiology trainees and fellows, with little knowledge in chest trauma imaging will benefit most from this fellowship.
Group Discounts for Radiology Education
TMC Academy is happy to offer group discounts to support radiology education within hospitals or practices. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The training platform runs entirely in the browser but the online PACS places a considerable load on the hardware and internet connection when viewing and loading cases.
Dual core 1.85 Ghz
Dual core 2 Ghz
Quad core 2.5 Ghz
* Tested with Safari on iPad 9.7 (2017), should also work on Android with Chrome. User interface not optimized for smaller screens. Large cases (more than 600 images) are not able to be opened on tablet or mobile devices due to memory constraints.
** Firefox, Edge and Safari also work but might not provide an equally smooth experience. Internet Explorer is not supported.