Pelvic Floor Dysfunction is a complex set of conditions. Imaging can help identify and quantify the multicompartment involvement that may not always be apparent on physical examination.
Imaging techniques vary considerably between centres, and there is need for more standardized utilization, interpretation, and reporting of imaging for the pelvic floor as per recently published recommendations from ESUR and ESGAR Pelvic Floor Working Group*
Upon completing this fellowship, participants will be able to develop, implement, and adequately report pelvic floor imaging protocols tailored to the specific needs of their referring physicians and patients. The lectures will systematically demonstrate the various types of pelvic floor dysfunction via a combination of schematics, real-time cine-loops of dynamic and static images, as well as complete cases for review by the participants.
Each module starts with a lecture. After the lecture you will be challenged with practicing on real anonymised key cases. After and during the individual case readings there will be plenty of time for group discussion and Q&A with the mentor.
TMC Academy fellowships are held in a virtual classroom environment on Zoom. Participants are encouraged to engage in discussions making use of their camera and microphone in order to recreate the face-to-face experience.
Online sessions are recorded so that participants can review on their own time following the training.
In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentor.
Connect with Dr. El Sayed on LinkedIn
*Reference: El Sayed RF, Alt CD, Maccioni F, et al. Magnetic Resonance imaging of pelvic floor dysfunction – joint recommendations of the ESUR and ESGAR Pelvic Floor Working Group. Eur Radiol. 2017;27(5):2067-2085
“This is one of the best courses that I have attended. Prof. El Sayed is extremely dedicated and has a vast knowledge about the pelvic floor. The course is highly interactive.”
Dr. Mats Wikström, Department of Radiology, Friedrichshafen, Germany (Fellow, Dec 2022)
“This is the best fellowship course if somebody would like to dive into the Pelvis floor imaging. The speaker is going to attract your attention with enthusiasm, knowledge and determination. The selected cases, the organisation of the lectures and presentations were excellent.”
Dr. H. Hristova Consultant Radiologist EKHUFT UK (Fellow, Dec 2022)
“It is a great fellowship, and a great topic, it is an entirely different kind of fellowship, and I am surprised how little I knew about this important everyday medical problem. I will review the cases and the rerecorded lectures at least ten times and hope I can attend this fellowship next year again. Thanks to TMC Academy for everything.”
Dr. Anees Jwad, Radiologist, Telemedicine Clinic, United Kingdom (Fellow, Dec 2022)
- Learn comprehensive MR technique for evaluation of the pelvic floor including appropriate sequences, utility of rectal contrast and defecation phase, appropriate technologist education, and patient coaching
- Review anatomy of the pelvic floor including levator anatomy, and landmarks used in functional evaluation
- Learn functional imaging of the pelvic floor including appropriate measurement and grading of prolapse in the anterior, middle, and posterior compartments as well as assessment of anorectal and defecatory dysfunction
- Learn appropriate reporting of MR defecography – what the referring physicians want to know
Programme will include
- Various lectures
- Individual case reading and interpretation on provided cases
- Group case discussion of the selected cases
- Plenty of time for Q&A with the radiologist mentor
- Access to presentation slides, session recordings, and other course materials
- Access to discussed cases prior to and after the fellowship
- Your own personal dashboard and course materials on TMCA online platform
- CME certificate of attendance
Level II - General radiologist
Although the course is geared toward general radiologists, all radiologists may attend and benefit from this training which will start with the basic essential anatomical and technical information and will upgrade the information to expert level
Group Discounts for Radiology Education
TMC Academy is happy to offer group discounts to support radiology education within hospitals or practices. Please email us at email@example.com
The training platform runs entirely in the browser but the online PACS places a considerable load on the hardware and internet connection when viewing and loading cases.
Dual core 1.85 Ghz
Dual core 2 Ghz
Quad core 2.5 Ghz
* Tested with Safari on iPad 9.7 (2017), should also work on Android with Chrome. User interface not optimized for smaller screens. Large cases (more than 600 images) are not able to be opened on tablet or mobile devices due to memory constraints.
** Firefox, Edge and Safari also work but might not provide an equally smooth experience. Internet Explorer is not supported.