Coming soon! Prostate MRI in Barcelona - CME Accredited in 17-19 June 2024, click here for more info!
Radiologists who would like to initiate on reporting prostate MRI will find this imaging course very appropriate. In 3 half days, the fellowship covers key topics related to MRI of prostate cancer and provides basic knowledge. MRI findings of the prostate and pelvis will be discussed with a lecture, followed by daily individual case reading with subsequent group discussions.
The programme includes an overview of the main indications to perform an MRI of the prostate: Diagnosis (PI-RADS), staging (local and systemic), and follow-up (post-treatment and active surveillance).
Each module starts with a lecture. After the lecture, you will be challenged with practicing on real anonymised key cases. After the individual case readings and group discussions there will be plenty of time for a ‘Questions and Answers’ session with Dr. Vilanova.
TMC Academy fellowships are held in a virtual classroom environment on Zoom. You are encouraged to engage in discussions making use of your camera and microphone to recreate the face-to-face experience. Online sessions are recorded so you can review on your own time following the training. In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with Dr. Kai Vilanova support.
This radiology course is organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
"This is an excellent remote Fellowship conducted very professionally with exhaustive educational material, good teaching and mentorship with lovely case mix, ideal for practical day to day reporting. I enjoyed this from the convenience of my home. I would highly recommend this for all interested people who are inclined to report Prostate Cancer MRI studies. Excellent support from all the team and especially Dr. Kai."
Dr. Harsh Merchant-Consultant Radiologist-Northumbria, NHS Trust, UK. (Fellow, March 2023)
"Overall very comprehensive course highly recommend especially for the beginners in reporting MRI Prostate"
Dr. Fatima Shaikh (Fellow, March 2023)
"The programme, learning materials and mentor are excellent."
Dr. Jenny Ruiz, Radiologist (Fellow, May 2022)
- Learn how to use structured reporting scheme PI-RADS v2.1 (Prostate Imaging — Reporting and Data System version 2.1) and apply multiparametric MRI principles
- Become familiar and feel confident with basic MRI of prostate cancer as encountered in daily practice
- Discriminate common variants from pathology to avoid pitfalls
- Learn to construct an adequate report through structured reporting
Programme will include
- Lectures on reading prostate MRI for diagnosis (PI-RADS), staging and follow-up (after treatment and active surveillance) of prostate cancer
- Individual case reading and interpretation on provided cases
- Group case discussion of the selected cases
- Plenty of time for Q&A with the radiologist mentor
- Access to presentation slides, session recordings, and other course materials
- Access to discussed cases prior to and after the fellowship
- Your own personal dashboard and course materials on TMC Academy platform
- Certificate of attendance - An application has been made to the UEMS/EBR for CME accreditation of this event
Level II - General radiologist
Radiologists with little knowledge in prostate cancer MRI will benefit most from the fellowship
TMC Academy is happy to offer group discounts to support radiology education within hospitals or practices. Please email us at email@example.com
The training platform runs entirely in the browser but the online PACS places a considerable load on the hardware and internet connection when viewing and loading cases.
Dual core 1.85 Ghz
Dual core 2 Ghz
Quad core 2.5 Ghz
* Tested with Safari on iPad 9.7 (2017), should also work on Android with Chrome. User interface not optimized for smaller screens. Large cases (more than 600 images) are not able to be opened on tablet or mobile devices due to memory constraints.
** Firefox, Edge and Safari also work but might not provide an equally smooth experience. Internet Explorer is not supported.