Radiologists and radiologists (to-be) who would like to become more confident in reporting prostate MRI will find the fellowship useful. The radiology training covers all the main topics related to MRI of prostate cancer and provides basic and early advanced knowledge to report.
The Prostate MRI Fellowship includes an overview of the main indications to perform MRI of the prostate and whole-body MRI: Diagnosis (PI-RAD), staging (local and systemic), follow-up (post-treatment and active surveillance). Each module starts with a lecture and after the lecture, we continue with individual case readings of real anonymised cases carefully selected by the radiologist mentor. Finally, each module ends with a common reading session of the cases with interaction and discussion with the participants and the mentor.
Participation in this mri prostate course with 10 radiologists maximum ensures a personal learning environment where you will enhance and strengthen your own and each other’s knowledge in structured Prostate MRI reading. In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentor.
If the fellowship has been successful it has provided you with knowledge that can help you address your normal clinical challenges, as well as future pursuits. At the end of the program you will be able to identify and report on Prostate cancer MRI in daily practice without difficulty.
Enjoy Your Stay In Barcelona
The fellowship will run during working hours (approximately 9:00 to 5:00 pm) so you will be free to explore the beautiful city of Barcelona in the evenings and weekend should you choose to extend your stay.
This fellowship is organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
“My expectations for the course were very high and could not have been more fulfilled. All my questions were answered. I now feel very confident writing my prostate MRI reports. I have also gained knowledge about whole body MRI, which is another very important advantage, especially for communicating with doctors and discussing cases in multidisciplinary meetings. I highly recommend this great course!”
Dr. Sasa Rudolf Bombek, Radiologist, Maribor, Slovenia (Fellow, March 2023)
“I am very happy to have had the opportunity to participate in this exceptional course. It really gave me the biggest push and a really solid basis for reading prostate MRI. I would like to thank the whole team for the excellent organisation of the whole event down to the smallest detail and, of course, our mentor Dr Vilanova for being an inspiration, for generously sharing his knowledge and for being patient enough to fully and openly answer all our numerous questions.”
Dr. Tetiana Iohanes, Radiologist, Israel (Fellow, March 2023)
“This has been my 5th fellowship through TMC. The first 4 were online. I can highly recommend the onsite face to face courses as the interaction can be more focused with a much higher learning potential. Well done TMC and thank you Kai for being a passionate teacher and mentor!”
Dr. Marco Van der Merwe, General Radiologist, South Africa (Fellow, June 2022)
- Upgrade your knowledge by immersion in a learning environment without the distraction of daily practice to read prostate MRI and whole-body MRI
- Become familiar and feel confident with basic and early advanced MRI of prostate cancer as encountered in daily practice
- Discriminate common variants from pathology to avoid pitfalls
- Learn to construct an adequate report through structured reporting
Programme will include
- Lectures on reading prostate MRI for diagnosis (PI-RADS), staging (including whole-body MRI), follow-up after treatment, and active surveillance
- Individual reporting on selected cases in PACS viewer with supervision/ immediate feedback by the radiologist mentor
- Group case discussion
- Workstations provided by TMC for the training days
- Access to all course materials via the TMC Academy platform, including discussed cases
- Daily lunches and coffee breaks with your peers and radiologist mentor
- Plenty of time for Q&A with the specialised radiologist mentor
- Certificate of attendance - An application has been made to the UEMS/EBR for CME accreditation of this event
Level III - Subspecialisation training
Radiologists with little or with early advanced knowledge in prostate cancer MRI will benefit most from the fellowship.
TMC Academy is happy to offer group discounts to support radiology education within hospitals or practices. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org