This radiology course will introduce you to the MR assessment of bone marrow signal and of bone and soft tissue tumours. We will cover normal and abnormal marrow signal changes, as well as the distinctive imaging features and principles of tumour characterization and staging of tumours and tumour-like lesions. Bone and cartilage-forming tumours, fibrous and other tumours, marrow infiltrative processes, and soft tissue tumours of various origins will be discussed.
After completing this course you will have gained skill and confidence in identifying and characterizing tumours on MR.
Each module starts with a lecture. After the lecture, you will be challenged with practising on real anonymised key cases. After the individual case readings, there will be an additional lecture followed by a ‘Questions and Answers’ session. View the lectures and topics in the Schedule tab.
TMC Academy online radiology fellowships are held in a virtual classroom environment on Zoom. Participants are encouraged to engage in discussions making use of their camera and microphone in order to recreate the face-to-face experience.
In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentor.
Other online Musculoskeletal radiology fellowships:
View the full list of MSK training here.
EACCME Trusted Provider
This radiology fellowship is organised by TMC Academy, a European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) Trusted Provider.
Read more about CME/CPD credit and get to know which european countries and which international countries recognise it on the EACCME website.
“Very useful fellowship, has offered me different inside, has provided a wider range of tools for more efficient solving MSK oncological cases, more systematic approach to them. Dr. Gerson was very supportive, lectures were well structured. I highly recommend this fellowship for fellows interested in MSK radiology.”
Dr.Miloš Puskeiler, Radiologist (Fellow, Aug 2023)
"Rachel was a fantastic teacher, she can convey her knowledge so well, even for someone who is not very experienced in MSK reporting like me. The small tests at the beginning of the lectures were especially fun. Thank you very much for this opportunity."
Dr. GG, radiologist, Telemedicine Clinic (Fellow, Aug 2023)
- Become familiar with normal and abnormal marrow signal changes
- Understand distinctive imaging features and principles of tumor characterization
- Recognize key features of bone and soft tissue tumours of various origins
- Learn structured reporting of tumor evaluation by MR
Programme will include
- Lectures on bone marrow signal and bone and soft tissue tumours
- Individual case reading in a PACS viewer and interpretation of provided cases
- Group case discussion of the selected cases
- Plenty of time for Q&A with the radiologist mentor
- Access to presentation slides, session recordings, and other course materials
- Access to discussed cases prior to and after the fellowship
- Your own personal dashboard and course materials on TMC Academy online platform
- Certificate of attendance
Level II - General radiologist
Level II radiologists will benefit most from this fellowship.
Group Discounts for Radiology Education
TMC Academy is happy to offer group discounts to support radiology education within hospitals or practices. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The training platform runs entirely in the browser but the online PACS places a considerable load on the hardware and internet connection when viewing and loading cases.
Dual core 1.85 Ghz
Dual core 2 Ghz
Quad core 2.5 Ghz
* Tested with Safari on iPad 9.7 (2017), should also work on Android with Chrome. User interface not optimized for smaller screens. Large cases (more than 600 images) are not able to be opened on tablet or mobile devices due to memory constraints.
** Firefox, Edge and Safari also work but might not provide an equally smooth experience. Internet Explorer is not supported.