This breast imaging fellowship will include from the basics to the advanced knowledge of breast MRI. All demonstrated clinical cases will contain the patient’s initial digital mammography and breast ultrasound images – based on them, the diagnostics would be completed by breast MRI, and biopsy/final histology results, if applicable.
Everyday usual and complicated or rare cases would help to become familiar with the semiology of this modality, as well as technical issues, artefacts and pitfalls. Indications and contraindications of breast MRI is a very important knowledge, for the method’s best usage. Advantages, disadvantages and limits of breast MRI would be also treated. Special issues as MRI-guided biopsy, BI-RADS MRI lexicon, implant complications, Gadolinium deposition problems would be discussed.
The fellow will be provided with the reporting templates and referring questionnaire, developed by the mentor. Up-to-date international recommendations, protocols, patient information and some newest, practical scientific articles would also be shared with the participants.
TMC Academy online radiology fellowships are held in a virtual classroom environment on Zoom. Participants are encouraged to engage in discussions making use of their camera and microphone in order to recreate the face-to-face experience. In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentor.
TMC Academy is an EACCME Trusted Provider.
"This course was very well organized and covered all the important topics. Dr. Gabor Forrai's selection of cases was very varied and clinically relevant. Useful for anyone looking to learn breast MRI reporting."
-Dr. Sapna Rahim, Consultant Radiologist, Warwick Hospital , The UK (Fellow, Oct 2023)
"Well organized fellowship course with a very good mentor Dr Gapor Forrai who brought for discussion very interesting MRI breast cases. The discussion was interactive through well prepared and running Online PACS system”
Dr. Magdy Soliman, Consultant Radiologist, UK (Fellow, May 2023)
"Really like how the course was spread out over the three days - it allowed me to review the cases and reflect during the mornings before the talks. Very knowledgeable teacher and great case examples”
T Patel, Radiologist, United Kingdom (Fellow, Dec 2022)
- To understand the indications and contraindications of breast MRI – it is utmost important to know its place in the diagnostic and therapeutic protocol
- To learn the concept and reporting of breast MRI on benign and malignant cases
- To become familiar with the breast implants and their diagnostics by MRI
Programme will include
- Lectures on Breast MRI
- Individual case reading and interpretation on provided cases
- Group case discussion of the selected cases
- Plenty of time for Q&A with the radiologist mentor
- Lifetime access to presentation slides, session recordings, and other course materials
- Access to discussed cases prior to and after the fellowship (for 1 year)
- Your own personal dashboard and course materials on TMCA online platform
- CME Certificate of attendance
Level III - Subspecialisation training
This radiology CME course is expecting those, who want to complete their breast diagnostic knowledge by the most advanced modality. This course is designed for the fellow who is already familiar with the daily practice of breast diagnostics (mammography, breast ultrasound, interventions) and with basic pathological and oncological issues of breast cancer. The reason of these requirements is that breast MRI cannot be always considered as a standalone method, but rather as a highest level, add-on, fine tool.
Group Discounts for Radiology Education
TMC Academy is happy to offer group discounts to support radiology education within hospitals or practices. Please email us at email@example.com
The training platform runs entirely in the browser but the online PACS places a considerable load on the hardware and internet connection when viewing and loading cases.
Dual core 1.85 Ghz
Dual core 2 Ghz
Quad core 2.5 Ghz
* Tested with Safari on iPad 9.7 (2017), should also work on Android with Chrome. User interface not optimized for smaller screens. Large cases (more than 600 images) are not able to be opened on tablet or mobile devices due to memory constraints.
** Firefox, Edge and Safari also work but might not provide an equally smooth experience. Internet Explorer is not supported.