The purpose of this online chest radiology fellowship is to give a comprehensive course in the diagnostic work-up of lung cancer. This includes the presentation of Fleischner Society and British Thoracic Society algorithms for the work-up of solitary pulmonary lung nodules. In addition, the course will give hands-on experience in the usage of TNM 8 classification of lung cancer. Finally, the course will introduce the usage of spectral CT in the workup of lung cancer.
Each module starts with a lecture. After the lecture, you will be challenged with practicing on real anonymised key cases. After and during the individual case readings there will be plenty of time for group discussion and Q&A with the expert mentor. View the schedule and topics - full agenda here.
TMC Academy online fellowships are held in a virtual classroom environment on Zoom. Participants are encouraged to engage in discussions making use of their cameras and microphone to recreate the face-to-face experience.
In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentor.
This radiology fellowship is organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
"The presentations were good, slow paced, easy to grab . Great variation in cases was good. Remarkable knowledge of the mentor, her case wise approach was excellent.”
DR Ali Anwar, Pulmonologist (Fellow, September 2023)
"Great lectures with great tips! Useful for all radiologists.”
Christina Skiada, Consultant Radiologist, TMC, Ippokrateio Ioanninon (GR) (Fellow, September 2023)
"There was a very nice presentation and an interesting selection of cases.”
Flo Vilceanu (Fellow, September 2023)
- To learn how to manage pulmonary nodules inside and outside of a lung cancer screening program
- To be familiar with the 9th TNM classification of lung cancer and how to evaluate patients under treatment
- To understantd the different treatement strategies in lung cancer
- To learn how to manage post therapeutiqc images (post radiotherapy, immunotherapy, ...)
Programme will include
- Lectures highlighting common malignant diseases of the chest (lung cancer, anterior mediastinal masses)
- Presentation of the latest recommandation in lung cancer screening
- Hands on evaluation of chest CT of lung cancer including TNM classification.
- Lifetime access to presentation slides, session recordings, and other course materials
- Access to discussed cases prior to and after the fellowship
- Your own personal dashboard and course materials on TMCA online platform
- Certificate of attendance - An application has been made to the UEMS/EBR for CME accreditation of this event
Level III - Subspecialisation training
This is a subspecialisation thoracic radiologist training but could also be beneficial for General Radiologists.
Group Discounts for Radiology Education
TMC Academy is happy to offer group discounts to support radiology education within hospitals or practices. Please email us at email@example.com
The training platform runs entirely in the browser but the online PACS places a considerable load on the hardware and internet connection when viewing and loading cases.
Dual core 1.85 Ghz
Dual core 2 Ghz
Quad core 2.5 Ghz
* Tested with Safari on iPad 9.7 (2017), should also work on Android with Chrome. User interface not optimized for smaller screens. Large cases (more than 600 images) are not able to be opened on tablet or mobile devices due to memory constraints.
** Firefox, Edge and Safari also work but might not provide an equally smooth experience. Internet Explorer is not supported.