Radiologists who would like to become more confident in reporting degenerative spine MRI will find this fellowship very useful.
The course will provide you with an in-depth description of the nomenclature and classification of degenerative discal disease, as well as a review of the concepts of vertebral osteochondrosis, spondylosis, facetary degeneration, degenerative stenosis (central, lateral recesses, foraminal), and spondylolisthesis.
This spine radiology course with Dr. Oleaga includes an overview of the main indications of MRI in spine degenerative disease. We will discuss MRI findings of the lumbar and cervical spine with lectures, followed by individual case reading with subsequent group discussion. Real anonymised cases have been carefully selected by Dr. Oleaga from the TMC Academy teaching file to complement the lectures.
TMC Academy online radiology fellowships are held in a virtual classroom environment on Zoom. Participants are encouraged to engage in discussions making use of their camera and microphone to recreate the face-to-face experience. Online sessions are recorded so that participants can review on their own time following the training.
In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentor.
This fellowship is organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
"I really enjoyed the fellowship , and it helped me remember the anatomy as well as consider other diagnostic possibilities in the spine. every day you learn something at MRI."
Dr. Juan Carlos Ulloa Torres, Medico Radiólogo, Hospital Fuerza Aérea del Perú - Unilabs (Fellow, Oct 2023)
"The Cervical and Lumbar Spine Fellowship was an excellent refresher with some new information that I had never paid attention to before. I would like to thank TMC Academy for running the sessions smoothly and particularly Dr. Laura Oleaga for the excellent presentations, sharing her experience with us and for her patience in answering all questions that came up during the sessions. In these 3 days, I have become more confident with cervical spine pathology and will find it more enjoyable to report C-spine."
Dr. Katerina Tsokova, Consultant Radiologist, Emerson Green Practice Plus Group Hospital, United Kingdom (Fellow, Sep 2021)
"I found the training extremely useful. I appreciated the accessibility, methodology taught by Dr. Oleaga, and the numerous images that we have been able to review. I particularly found the structured reports useful.”
Dr. Antonio Escribano, Director Radiologist, CMDI, Spain (Fellow, Sep 2021)
- Upgrade your knowledge by immersion in a learning environment without distraction of daily practice to read degenerative spine MRI
- Become familiar and feel confident with the MRI findings in spine degenerative disease as encountered in daily practice
- To define the differentiating imaging features of pathologic processes and to create clinically relevant structured reports
Programme will include
- Lectures on standardized reading degenerative spine MRI studies for diagnosis with quiz cases
- Individual case reading and interpretation on provided cases
- Group case discussion of the selected cases
- Plenty of time for Q&A with the radiologist mentor
- Lifetime access to presentation slides, session recordings, and other course materials
- Access to discussed cases prior to and after the fellowship (for 1 year)
- Your own personal dashboard and course materials on TMCA online platform
- Certificate of attendance
Level II - General radiologist
Radiologists with the aim of having more in-depth knowledge of the MRI findings in spine degenerative diseases will benefit most from the fellowship.
Group Discounts for Radiology Education
TMC Academy is happy to offer group discounts to support radiology education within hospitals or practices. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The training platform runs entirely in the browser but the online PACS places a considerable load on the hardware and internet connection when viewing and loading cases.
Dual core 1.85 Ghz
Dual core 2 Ghz
Quad core 2.5 Ghz
* Tested with Safari on iPad 9.7 (2017), should also work on Android with Chrome. User interface not optimized for smaller screens. Large cases (more than 600 images) are not able to be opened on tablet or mobile devices due to memory constraints.
** Firefox, Edge and Safari also work but might not provide an equally smooth experience. Internet Explorer is not supported.