This emergency radiology fellowship of 3 half days includes an overview of the main mechanisms of injury, examination protocols, reading technique with tips and tricks and reporting guidelines including the injury scoring scale of the AATS.
Each module includes several short lectures. After the lectures, you will be challenged with practicing on real anonymised key cases from the TMC Academy teaching file. After the individual case readings, there will be additional review lectures followed by a ‘Questions and Answers’ session.
Besides the interactive lectures and the interactive case rounds, the mentor also provides a large amount of extra learning material, in the form of recorded short lectures on related topics, articles and links.
Dr. Labruto is not only a highly skilled and experienced radiologist but also a passionate lecturer and teacher who creates a dynamic learning experience.
TMC Academy online imaging fellowships are held in a virtual classroom environment on Zoom. Participants are encouraged to engage in discussions making use of their camera and microphone to recreate the face-to-face experience. In this small group environment among your peers, you are free to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn together with the support of the radiologist mentor.
This trauma radiology course is organised by TMC Academy, an EACCME Trusted Provider.
“Fellowship by TMC is a very nice way to become much more confident in using Trauma grading systems and will surely improve Trauma CT reports. All Trauma reporting radiologists should have the opportunity to attend at least CT Abdomen Trauma Fellowship. Thank You, highly appreciated!!”
Anne Aalto, General Radiologist, Sweden (Fellow, May 2023)
“Great teaching. Brilliant cases. Great discussion. Extremely useful.
Essential for everyday work.” Anees JWAD, TMC Radiologist, Isle of Man (Fellow, May 2023)
“Fausto Labruto is a highly experienced Emergency/Trauma radiologist with exceptional communications skills and an open mind for discussion when relevant topics arises. The CT Abdominal Trauma course is relevant for anyone doing on call services at both minor and major Emergency facilities. Superior combination of well-presented theory and multiple relevant case readings.”
Dr. Katherine Ann McLean, TMC Radiologist at Body and Emergency Sections (Fellow, May 2022)
- Upgrade your knowledge by immersion in a learning environment without distraction and without stress to learn and practice to read Abdominal Trauma CT
- Become familiar and feel confident with basic and advanced Abdominal Trauma CT as encountered in daily practice
- Learn to decide the correct scanning protocol
- Discriminate common variants from pathology to avoid pitfalls, learn tips and tricks from a veteran Trauma Radiologist
- Learn to construct an adequate report in accordance to AATS guidelines
Programme will include
- Lectures on planning, reading and reporting Abdominal Trauma CT
- Lectures on basic paediatric neuroimaging features, common queries for imaging studies, malformations of the brain and spinal cord, and paediatric brain tumours (Including bonus takeaway lectures)
- Individual case reading and interpretation on provided cases
- Group case discussion of the selected cases
- Plenty of time for Q&A with the radiologist mentor
- Lifetime access to presentation slides, session recordings, and other course materials
- Access to discussed cases prior to and after the fellowship
- Your own personal dashboard and course materials on TMCA online platform
- Certificate of attendance - An application has been made to the UEMS/EBR for CME accreditation of this event
Level III - Subspecialisation training
Radiologists with little or with early advanced knowledge in Abdominal Trauma CT will benefit most from the fellowship. Radiologists who would like to become more familiar with the diagnosis of abdominal trauma will find the fellowship useful.
Group Discounts for Radiology Education
TMC Academy is happy to offer group discounts to support radiology education within hospitals or practices. Please email us at email@example.com
The training platform runs entirely in the browser but the online PACS places a considerable load on the hardware and internet connection when viewing and loading cases.
Dual core 1.85 Ghz
Dual core 2 Ghz
Quad core 2.5 Ghz
* Tested with Safari on iPad 9.7 (2017), should also work on Android with Chrome. User interface not optimized for smaller screens. Large cases (more than 600 images) are not able to be opened on tablet or mobile devices due to memory constraints.
** Firefox, Edge and Safari also work but might not provide an equally smooth experience. Internet Explorer is not supported.